The current McLean County Sheriff is Jerrry "J.R." Kerzmann of Garrison. He was elected to office in 2014.
The Sheriff's Department employs 22 full- and part-time officers and 13 full- and part-time jailer/dispatchers.
The sheriff is responsible for:
- Keeping of law and order in the county
- Serving civil and criminal papers for the court system
- Operation of the county jail and housing of prisoners
- Attending district court to carry out orders of the judge
- Serves as a member of the county E-911 Advisory Board
- Oversees operation of police contracts with all cities in the county
Click here to see a list of registered sex offenders in McLean County.
Click here to visit the McLean County Sheriff's Department Facebook page.